JSF 2.3 is a maintained release, and a lots of small features are added.
Compare to the previous 2.2, more effort focus on aligning with CDI specification. The advantage is more easy to use JSF with CDI in a Java EE 8 application, the disadvantage is the deeply integration with CDI will close doors to other DI container, such as Spring, you have to be stick on a old version.
- Activating CDI in JSF 2.3
- Run applications in JSF 2.2 compatible mode
- CDI alignment
- CDI compatible @ManagedProperty
- Inject support in Converter, Validator and Behavor
- Websocket support
- UIData improvements
- Class level bean validation with f:valdiateWholeBean
- Java 8 DateTime support
- PostRenderViewEvent: publising events after view is rendered
- Search expression framework